Traditional Craft-making Experience (painting etc.)
Experience long-established traditional Fukuoka crafts, such as Hakata-ori textiles weaving and Hakata doll making.
Hakata dolls boast a 400-year history, and Hakata-ori textiles trace their origins back to the Kamakura period in the 12th-14th centuries. You can learn about the rich history of the Hakata area and see, try, and buy the works of master artisans. Your own original works completed during the hands-on experiences will delight you as souvenirs.
Yuki Tanaka Hakata Doll Studio
- Renovation Museum Reisenso Room A-41, 9-35 Kamikawabata, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka City 812-0026
- 10:00-12:00, 13:00-18:00
Yukobo Fukuoka Tenjin
- 1-2-38-2F Daimyo, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka City 810-0041
- Tue / Sat / Sun 10:00-18:30 Wed / Thu 12:30-21:00
- 6-10 Reisenmachi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka City 812-0039
- 10:00-18:00 (Admission to the exhibition building is until 17:30)